Vienna is one of those cities which are imposing, yet you cant help but love it. It has so much to see and enjoy, my favorite thing perhaps being the cafes/ coffee houses. Finding a good coffee shop whenever I travel is my tradition, but when it came to Viena, I was spoilt for choice!
Here are a few things to bear in mind.
1. It has too much to see so if you are on a snappy visit like I was, you will leave feeling cheated!
My tip, plan your trip and chose your must see points. I suggest to do a ring tour first . Ring strasse is the road surrounding the inner city of vienna, it has all those gorgeous buildings like Opera house, Hofburg palace and parliament.
2. Use the metro/ tram to go to some of the sights. The sights in the city centre are all close to each other but they are way too many that you will feel tired in a little while, though that would be a good excuse to go into a cute cafe for a lovely cup of coffee.
3. Vienna has some beautiful palaces. See at least one of them. I only had enough time to see Hofburg palace and it’s just beautiful both on the outside and inside!
4. If you go towards the end of the year, the Christmas markets are absolutely unmissable! The one at the Rathaus/ town hall is right in the center of the city and it has such cute stalls, an ice rink and plenty of apple strudel 🙂
5. Is the Vienna card really useful? No! You can purchase your travel tickets for the trains and Metro depending on how much you will use public transport and that would work out cheaper for you.