A couple of weeks ago, I woke up to some fantastic news, I had been nominated for my first ever blogging award!! Thank you so much to Kula and Christian a couple on a budget. They are a wonderful travel couple who’ve been to some swoon-worthy destinations, their website is a wealth of information with travel tips, advice and the desire to be conscious travelers. Please check their website out for amazing ways to travel to cool places on a budget and also how you can do some amazing activities like hot air ballooning, all on a budget. Check them out to see more, and find them on YouTube to see amazing videos of some of the beautiful places they have visited.
a couple on a budget have asked me 10 random facts about me, and here are my answers.
1. If you could only eat 1 cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
It’s really got to be two, Mexican and Ugandan. Ugandan because I was raised on it, Mexican because who doesn’t?
2. What was the most exhilarating thing you’ve ever done?
Whitewater Rafting in Kenya.
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
I am a solo traveler and every time I went somewhere that left me in awe, I wished my friends and family could see it too.
4. What’s your favorite book you’ve read or movie you’ve seen so far this year and why?
Favorite movie is wonder woman, (I’m all about girl power). Favorite book is the biology of belief by Bruce Lipton, just because I enjoy biology and learning about how the body and cells work.
5. Would you rather take a First Class flight or the rough scenic route?
First class all the way. Then I can hike up and see the scenic route and take it all in calmly!
6. What’s your next destination going to be and why?
Currently browsing and trying to decide, but looking for a relaxing holiday, I’m thinking Spa and yoga, just because I’ve been working too hard all year.
7. What advice would you give to starting bloggers?
Just do it. Don’t wait for things to be perfect. You will learn as you go, everyone does which is why change is a good thing.
8. Name one thing to avoid when traveling.
Rude and disrespectful behavior. No matter where you are as a traveler, you have to treat people as you wish to be treated.
9. Name one thing to avoid when blogging.
Fear of failure, and always wanting everything to be perfect before you take action. A masterpiece is not created in one go. The artists will keep working and failing, but all those times they look like they have failed, they are actually honing their craft and learning what works and what doesn’t work.
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world right now, who’s alive, who would it be?
Very hard question, It would have to be a business/success coach as I’m dreaming of being self-employed in a few years time.
Who I am nominating:
- Helena Grey of Grey dynasty Helena is a flight attendant who not just posts cute pics of places she visits but takes the time to tour the cities and curates the information with what to do and things to see. She writes about style and life too, which is a good balance.
- Yuri of With Love Yuri. Yuri is a nomad like myself, relatively new to blogging too but she’s so authentic in what she shares and the way she writes. She recently moved to Italy and who doesn’t love reading about/ seeing pictures of Italy!
- Abby of Abbys Atlas. Her travel posts are comprehensive and well detailed, with amazing pictures to go with everything!
For those nominated, If you accept the nomination you have to answer the same 10 questions. Or see the rules for Liebster nomination
- If you could only eat 1 cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
- What was the most exhilarating thing you’ve ever done?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What’s your favorite book you’ve read or movie you’ve seen so far this year and why?
- Would you rather take a First Class flight or the rough scenic route?
- What’s your next destination going to be and why?
- What advice would you give to starting bloggers?
- Name one thing to avoid when traveling.
- Name one thing to avoid when blogging.
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world right now, who’s alive, who would it be?
Thank you again so much to a couple on a budget for the nomination. Congratulations to those nominated and happy traveling and blogging everyone.